Thursday 2 September 2010

The Why and Wherefores

Q. So just exactly why have I decided to try my hand at blogging?
A. Why not?!

Q. Why write about food and all things culinary, there are so many blogs out there already on these very topics?
A. Good point - but this is really just for me in the first instance, I think about food, recipes, ingredients, cuisines, foodie events, delis, farm shops, restaurants, eating establishments etc a lot of the time. I would like to put my thoughts, ideas and links to favourite places and items connected to this obsession in one place and watch it grow, develop and branch out.

Family and friends have for years said I should write a cook book or give cookery demos or help them with menu planning for special events and in truth if I knew how to be able to earn a living out of my passion for food, quality ingredients, recipes, menu planning and so forth, I'd do it in a heartbeat and give up the day job! However life doesn't seem to work like that for most people and only the lucky few seem able to make a living out of doing what they love.  So, for now, this will be a labour of love and hopefully a few folk might eventually stumble across it and enjoy my collection of food related ramblings!


Q. What do I intend to blog about?
A. Well I'd like to post some of my favourite recipes and links to the websites I love to browse for cookery ideas, interesting culinary topics, cook books, web sites dedicated to making me want to buy all the latest must-have kitchen gadgets, write down the handy tips and hints that I come across or have discovered for myself and I would like to think that other bloggers might pay my humble beginnings a visit and share their own ideas and blogs.

I intend to enjoy and hope that if you are reading this that you will do the same!

0 comments:

Post a Comment